FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TO THE RESIDENTS OF NEW DURHAM, NH
TOWN HALL CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC BEGINNING THURSDAY, MARCH 19, 2020.
We continue to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation, which is rapidly evolving. The Town is committed to the continued health and optimal safety of our residents as well as our employees, and we intend to do our part to “flatten the curve” of the COVID-19 pandemic. To that end, in consultation with our Emergency Management Team, the Select Board has decided that effective Thursday, March 19, 2020, Town Hall will be closed to the public until Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
However, we will still be working to serve the residents of New Durham. We intend to do our best to operate as a “VIRTUAL TOWN HALL.” In today’s world, most of the transactions for our residents can be done online or arranged via phone, email, or drop box. Resident questions can and will be answered via phone or email. And as a last resort, you may schedule an appointment in Town Hall with the appropriate Town personnel to complete your transaction. Our Town Hall employees will be working both remotely and on-site (in very limited numbers as necessary)—but we will continue to be at your service.
FIRE AND POLICE: Of course, our incredible Police and Fire Departments will continue to serve the residents of our Town on a “business as usual” basis; however, we ask that you please keep all non-emergency calls to a minimum so that they may devote their time to those residents in need of emergency services. If you have non-emergency COVID-19 related questions, please call 2-1-1 (a state hotline staffed 24/7 specifically for such questions).
DPW- Highway/Solid Waste-Transfer Station/Facility Grounds: Our incredible DPW staff will continue to serve the residents of our Town on a “business as usual” basis, however we ask that resident being understanding with social distancing when any interaction with DPW staff.
PUBLIC MEETINGS: With the exception of the Select Board meeting on March 17, and the Budget Committee meeting on March 20, all Town appointed Boards, Commissions and committees meetings in March will be cancelled and more information will be forthcoming about meetings in April and beyond.
Finally, rest assured that we will be monitoring all local developments related to COVID-19, and as your Town officials, we are committed to timely and ongoing communication about any and all changes to our operating status as well as any recommendations to the public from public health and other government officials.
Please see the following pages for how we intend to operate our VIRTUAL TOWN HALL.
“HOW TO” COMPLETE TOWN HALL TRANSACTIONS
WEBSITE: The Town website address is www.newdurhamnh.us., and we encourage you to visit the website frequently for new information and updates.
TOWN HALL MAILING ADDRESS: Should you need mail anything to Town Hall, the address is as follows:
(Specify which Department, if possible)
New Durham Town Hall
P.O. Box 207
New Durham, NH 03855
DROP BOX: At the public entrance to Town Hall (to right of front door), there is a secure, black mailbox where you may drop off checks (NO CASH) or other paperwork. Should your paperwork not fit, please refer to the list of contacts below to make alternative arrangements.
TOWN HALL GENERAL TELEPHONE NUMBER: (603) 859-2091 (See contacts below for specific extensions).
TRANSACTIONS: The following is a list of the transactions most often performed for our residents in Town Hall, and directions as to how each may be accomplished until the COVID-19 crisis passes and we can safely re-open our doors:
• Renewal of a car registration: Should be done online via our website portal : (https://www.newdurhamnh.us/home/pages/online-payments.
• Registration and title transfers of a newly purchased vehicle: We are working to establish a drive-up window process for NEW registrations, titles and transfers; these will be by appointment only if the car was purchase prior to 3/1/20. Vehicle purchased and have 20 day temporary registrations are issue on 3/1/20 or after are valid until 4/30/20, per NH DMV.
• Copies of vital records (birth or death certificates): https://www.eb2gov.com/scripts/eb2gov.dll/EPay/Main?towncode=918&source=... Or contact Town Clerk Stephanie Mackenzie (email@example.com), x 101.
• Tax payments: Can be made in one of three ways: (1) online via our website portal https://www.eb2gov.com/scripts/eb2gov.dll/EPay/Main?towncode=2918&source.... ; (2) via mail (checks ONLY and post dates will be honored as the date of payment); or (3) via dropping your check in the Drop box (the secure black mailboxes outside of Town Hall (again, no cash). Contact Tax Collector Donna Young with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org, x 102).
• Dog licensing: Renewals can be done online https://www.eb2gov.com/scripts/eb2gov.dll/EPay/Main?towncode=918&source=.... ; registration of new dogs by appointment only (contact Town Stephanie Mackenzie (email@example.com), x 101.
• Boat licensing: Renewals can be done by mail or drop box; registration of new boats by appointment only (contact Town Clerk Stephanie Mackenzie (firstname.lastname@example.org), x 101.).
• Voter Registration: Contact Town Clerk Stephanie Mackenzie (email@example.com), x 101.
• Property Record Cards: Can be obtained via the Town website via the Assessing Page- CAI Tax Maps or at: https://www.axisgis.com/New_DurhamNH/Default.aspx?Splash=True. Further assistance on assessing cards contact Town Administrator Scott Kinmond (firstname.lastname@example.org) x 106
• Filing for and renewals of Exemptions and Credits: Information for verification or renewal can be sent by mail or dropped off in the drop box; questions can be directed to contact Town Administrator Scott Kinmond (email@example.com) x 106
• Intents to Cut and Intents to Excavate: Can be mailed or scanned/sent to contact Town Administrator Scott Kinmond (firstname.lastname@example.org) x 106
• Home and Building Inspections: As long as construction proceeds, inspections will continue. Please contact Building Inspector John Abbott at (email@example.com) x 110 or his cell phone 603-608-8124.
• Building permits: Permit applications are available on the Town website and will be accepted via email, mail or drop box outside Town Hall. Payments are to be made by check only. Should you need to drop off plans or applications, which will not fit in the drop box, please contact Building Inspector John Abbott at (firstname.lastname@example.org) x 110 or his cell phone 603-608-8124
• Building plan reviews: Will be accepted via email, mail or drop box outside Town Hall. If necessary, we will meet individuals by appointment only to go over plan questions; please contact Building Inspector John Abbott at (email@example.com) x 110 or his cell phone 603-608-8124
Parks & Recreation questions contact: Recreation Director Celeste Chasse (firstname.lastname@example.org) x 112
• Burial plot sales: contact Town Clerk Stephanie Mackenzie (email@example.com, x 101) to arrange.
• Internments: contact DPW Manager / Road Agent / Sexton Don Vachon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 603-859-8000 to arrange.
• Driveway Inspections, Trench Permits, Road related issues: Contact DPW Manager / Road Agent Don Vachon (email@example.com) or call 603-859-8000 to arrange
• Road complaints, Snow Plowing, Roadway drainage: Contact DPW Manager / Road Agent / Sexton Don Vachon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 603-859-8000.
• Trash and Recycling general questions: Contact Solid Waste Supervisor Josh Johansen (email@example.com) or call 603-859-8800 (Friday-Monday 7a-5p)
• To file land use board submissions (including Planning Board, Zoning Board, Conservation Commission), or to review property files, site plans, subdivision plans, etc. please contact Administrative Assistant Brian Cauler (firstname.lastname@example.org) x 109
Have a question for a particular department? Please contact the following staff members either via email or by phone (859-2091, specific extensions noted below):
Fire Department- non emergency communication: Chief Peter Varney (email@example.com) office 859-3473
Tax questions: Tax Collector Donna Young, firstname.lastname@example.org. , x 102.
Marriage Licenses: Town Clerk Stephanie Mackenzie, email@example.com, x 101.
Vehicle or Boat Registrations: General Clerks’ Number, x 101.
Dog Licensing: General Clerks’ number, x 101.
Assessing Department questions: Town Administrator Scott Kinmond, firstname.lastname@example.org, x 106.
Building Department questions: Building Inspector John Abbott, email@example.com, x 110 or Cell 603-608-8124.
Planning Department questions: Administrative Assistant Brian Cauler, firstname.lastname@example.org, x 109.
Finance Department questions: Finance Manager Anina Soucy email@example.com x 104
Public Works Department questions: Driveway Inspections, Trench Permits, Road, Dams, Facility & Grounds related issues: DPW Manager / Road Agent Don Vachon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 603-859-8000
• Road complaints, Snow Plowing, Roadway drainage: DPW Manager / Road Agent Don Vachon (email@example.com) or call 603-859-8000
• Trash and Recycling: DPW Administrative Assistant, Pam Ward (M-F) firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-8000.
Welfare questions: Community Health Services Administrative Assistant Donna Young, email@example.com. x102.
Of course, should you have a general question and you are not sure who to call, please contact our Administration officials as follows:
Town Administrator Scott Kinmond: firstname.lastname@example.org x 106.