Duties & Responsibilities:
- Require fire permits & enforce all forest fire laws regarding outside burning within their jurisdiction.
- Keep public informed of fire danger & forest closures.
- Informing the state fire ranger of active timber sales, slash violations & fire violations that require follow up.
- Preplanning of local forest fire hazards
- Fire departmental training for forest & brush fires
- Determine tool & equipment requiments needed for town
- Appoint deputy wardens & fire permit writers to assist the warden.
- Suppressing forest fires is the Wardens primary responsibilty. The warden is to use the authority provided to accomplish this. The warden will work with the local & state agencies under a unified command to supress all forest fires.
Reports & billing:
- The warden is responsible to make an accurate forest fire bill to state.
- Payment to fire fighters
- Submit yearly budget report to selectmen for approval
|David Stuart||Forest Fire Warden||(603) 859-3473|