Vital Record Information

Certified Copies of Vital Statisics Records

In addition the Town Clerk, the Division of Vital Records Administration (DVRA) issues certified copies of births, deaths, marriages and divorces/dissolution certificates to qualified individuals and agencies that provide a "direct and tangible" interest in obtaining a record. Click to find out about your access rights to our records.

In order to obtain certified copies of Vital Records, you must complete an application to the Town Clerk or DVRA, and pay a search fee. The current fee is $15, plus any additional expenses incurred for credit card transactions or expediting receipt. This fee is payable whether or not a record is found. Alternative pricing may be made for state agencies and federal government agencies for non-certified copies, or verification of vital events. Additional copies of the same record issued at the same time are $10.00.

Effective January 1, 2005 all individuals requesting a certified copy of a record (Pursuant to RSA 5 C-16) must present positive identification, including, but not limited to, a drivers license, passport or other picture identification, or in the absence of acceptable picture identification shall complete the form Documentation Evidence for Individuals Not Possessing An Acceptable Picture Identification.

Access Rights

"Immediate family'' means:
  1. Persons who are related either by blood or marriage and includes the following: mother; father; son; daughter; brother; sister; husband; wife; grandfather; grandmother; grandson; granddaughter; great-grandchildren; step-parents; step-children; aunts; uncles; nephews; nieces; and
  2. In the case of divorce, legal separation, and civil annulment records, the person's former or separated spouse from a legal separation or a marriage ending in divorce or civil annulment.
"Legal representative'' means:
  1. An attorney, physician, funeral director or other representative, who through written authorization from the registrant is acting on behalf of the registrant or his or her family.